Last Updated on
Status: Construction Complete
As part of the broader bikeway network in Near Northside, the first on-street bike lane to be implemented will be on Lyons Avenue! Construction is complete, with green paint applied at certain intersections.
Lyons Avenue bikeway serves as a piece of the Phase 1 Bikeway Network in the community, which totals 9.2 miles and includes key north-south and east-west connectors such as Hardy, Elysian, and Kelley.
The Lyons Avenue on-street bike lane will:
- Extend 0.67 miles in length from Hardy Street to Jensen Drive
- Maintain 6ft in width on both sides of the street
- Enter into construction at the end of October 2018 (estimated) and
- Complete construction at the end of December 2018 (estimated)
- Connect people on bikes to major destinations, such as Saint Arnold’s Brewery
- Enhance bikeway connections into Downtown and Fifth Ward
Questions, concerns, comments or feedback about construction? Please contact:
Main Lane Industries, LTD