The report outlines the current state of bicycling in the City of Houston, documents current conditions and usage, details barriers and opportunities to increase bicycling in Houston, provides a toolkit for improvements, shows the draft network map and outlines the steps to implementation. For an interactive walkthrough of the Draft Bike Plan contents, please click here.
Draft Network Plan Maps
- Interactive Map (Zoom, view with overlay of various demographic information)
- Draft Network Map (Flip book for online viewing)
- Draft Network Plan (KMZ file for viewing in Google Earth, .zip file)
- Existing Bikeway Network (PDF 12 MB)
- Draft Network Map – Short-Term Opportunities (PDF 9 MB)
- Draft Network Map – Long-Term Vision (PDF 9 MB)
Large-Format Maps with City Council Districts
- Existing Bikeway Network with City Council Districts (PDF 34 MB)
- Draft Network Map – Short-Term with City Council Districts (PDF 43 MB)
- Draft Network Map – Long-Term with City Council Districts (PDF 43 MB)
At the following links you can download the draft chapters of the Houston Bike Plan.
Draft Houston Bike Plan Report Chapters
- Executive Summary (PDF 11 MB)
- 1 – Introduction (PDF 3 MB)
- 2 – Existing Conditions and Opportunities (PDF 20 MB)
- 3 – Vision and Goals (PDF 12 MB)
- 4 – Bicycle Toolbox (PDF 7 MB)
- 5 – Network Plan and Map (PDF 13 MB)
- 6 – Implementation Strategies (PDF 10 MB)
To provide feedback on the plan, please visit the Feedback page.